Friday, February 09, 2007

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit

No, not the crazy frog doing a Chas & Dave cover - just the sound of me frogging 6 rows of the seraphim shawl. At least it was only 6 - and i think that's only 8 in total through the project so far. I was almost at the end of chart #1, but looked back and realised that the YOs on rows 21 & 23 were out of synch. I had a feeling I'd done 21 wrong (got a bit confused about how they ran over the stitch markers) and then I did the k2tog & YO in the wrong order on 23. I hoped it might be something I could put down to an 'original interpretation' but in the end it looked bad, so I had to bite the bullet and go back!

Without the benefit of a lifeline, i threaded a smaller circular needle thought the row below (and thankfully managed to only go through one stitch on the row above by accident!) and had it all sorted and back on the needles in about an hour on Wednesday night. And with a nice bit of time on the sofa last night, I'm back on track and it only took two days (two days!) to get back where I was in the first place. All in all, not too bad given this is the first time I've worked from a chart. I'll definitely include a lifeline before things start getting more complicated in chart #2.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home