Thursday, September 07, 2006

Where does the time go?

I can quite see why some blogs don't get updated that often: like many things in life, it can be difficult to find the time! Not that it takes that long for the simple posts I've managed so far, but just making time to sit down and write for a few minutes is one of those things that modern times don't seem to allow for.

Though maybe that is, in part, due to the fact that I've written all my posts so far while at work, and for the past few days I've actually been doing what I should do - getting some work done. Catching up with all those things I do before taking tomorrow and all of next week off, hurray!

As for craft-related content - no pics (still) but a small revelation for me: I've finally figured out lace knitting (not 'knitted lace' - that is significantly beyond my skills at the moment). The lightbulb moment occurred when I figured out that a 'yfwd' was just that - bringing the yarn forward - and did not include knitting the next stitch. My sole achievement so far is a square with a chevron pattern, but it is an achievement I'm very proud of!

Ok, must go now - a few last things to sort out and then I'm off for a week of weddings (two, and I'm bridesmaid at one of them) and exploring the yarn shops of Devon and Cornwall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home