Thursday, October 12, 2006

Testing, testing...

I've been trying to get a few pictures of what I've been working on to make things a bit more interesting! However, the combination of using the camera on my mobile phone, and the fact that by the time I get home from work it is starting to get dark (natural light is so much better when you have a rubbish camera!) have lead to some less than successful results!

Just to test out what a half decent photo from my phone looks like, here's picture I took at lunchtime (and a wonderfully sunny lunchtime it was too!)

Well, there would be a picture if I could get blogger to upload it!



Ok, there its is! After only six attempts... I can see that when I do manage to get more pictures, I'll have to post them from my PC at work, as our dial-up at home will never cope with it! There seems to be a bit of a 'vaseline on the lens' effect - it might need a clean.

If you look closely, you might be able to see the London Eye in the background; yes, this is a picture in central London. I'm lucky enough to work near one of the city's beautiful parks, which makes for a pleasant lunchbreak when the weather is good.This helps when I'm going a bit mad about living in a city (I spent the first 26 years of my life in Devon, so London is quite a contrast).

Today I sat and watched the geese fighting on the pond while knitting a baby kimono from MDK. On a bit of a deadline on this one as my friend is now going in for a c-section on the 20th - the baby is breech and they've had no success turning it. She waited 5 hours to see the obstetrician on Tuesday, and then they closed the department at the end of the day without her actually seeing a doctor! I'd really like to get it done before the baby arrives, so all my knitting time is going into this one project at the moment.

Other time has been spent creating a wish-list for the Ally Pally. More on that tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home