Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finish-itis?

Some more finished objects (mainly for me to keep track of them!) Hopefully only a few more posts like this and then I can attempt to write something interesting...


My proudest achievement so far: Clapotis!


Details:
Clapotis from knitty (link as before)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, colour 47, 4 skeins (I think)
Alterations: 1 increase less than pattern and a couple of straight repeats more, to make it a little longer and narrower
Dates: October 2006 - November 2006, probably about 3 weeks altogether around work etc.
Recipient: My Mum, for her 60th birthday. She was very pleased with her 'posh scarf' (her words!)
Notes; I really enjoyed knitting this, I suppose it could be a bit repetitive, but perfect for travelling/lunchbreaks/watching tv!

Close-up details:




Another baby kimono & matching hat


Details:
Pattern: M-D baby kimono, as before, baby hat from Debbie Bliss 'baby knits for beginners'
Yarn: Wendy 'Peter Pan', supposedly double knit but I used 2 strands on a 4.5mm needle for the kimono. Single strand for the hat.
Finished: January 2007 (mainly knitted over Christmas)
Recipient: A colleague at work who is now on maternity leave, due on 28 February.


Baby blanket:



Details:
Pattern: My own - simple granny squares in a variety of blues and purples witha cream edging. The colours show up terribly on this photo as it was taken on my phone before we acquired a digital camera at Christmas.
Yarn: cheap acrylic (for my sins).
Finished: January 2007 (started in the summer and sewn together in November, but it took me that long to finish weaving the ends in!).
Recipient: Another colleague who had a baby in September 2006. At least it arrived before the baby grew up completely!

I'm quite surprised I've finished so many things as it seems like I take ages to knit every row - though that doesn't alter how much I enjoy it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colours of your clapotis.

8:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home