Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Who'd have thought?

I finished both sides of the entrelac bag last week (the pattern only requires one side in entrelac, but I did both for the practice) and almost immediately started a bigger project - Lady Eleanor from scarf style. I really like this technique - interesting enough to keep me going (so far anyway) and yet simple enough that I can pick it up for a few rows and not worry about getting confused. I'd recommend learning to knit backwards, as it is invaluable for entrelac - and surprisingly easy!
Bag panels - bag itself yet to be finished:

Due to a shopping mistake last year, I happen to have 10 balls of Noro silk garden at home in the stash, which I had earmarked for this project, and I could really do with getting rid of some stash (in preparation for the upcoming Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally) so it seemed like as good a time as any to start. Mind you, I've not got to the end of the first ball quite yet. And yes, that is some kind of shopping mistake, isn't it?!

Lady Eleanor, as of Monday evening:


In other news... I ordered my wedding dress at the weekend! I really should make more of a start on the planned shawl...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home