Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Under 1000...

Like many, many other internet aware knitters, I've signed up for the waiting list for Ravelry. And waited. And waited. This is what happens when you sign up for a beta project in the knitting world. I don't mind waiting, as I know its a small project run by just a couple of people, but I really do want to get on there and start exploring! Thankfully, they''ve introduced a widget that allows you to check on where you are in line, and when I checked this morning, I saw the following:

You signed up on July 3, 2007
You are #12133 on the list.
999 people are ahead of you in line.
18561 people are behind you in line.
36% of the list has been invited so far

Woohoo! I'm finally under 1000 (after 2 months waiting). And do you see how many people have signed up? Over 30,000! And there are people who can't be bothered to join the waiting list and are just planning to join when it is out of beta too.

In other news, I have joined my first swap - the 'magic yarn ball' swap on Craftster. (for a beautifully put together example of a magic yarn ball, see here). And decided to broaden my crafting skills by making a few new things for the swap. Because the spare room isn't full enough already with various crafting supplies, is it?! I've spent a bit of time sourcing things on ebay and apparently Hobbycraft is only 10 minutes away from work on the tube...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home