Sunday, November 11, 2007

J is for...

Jacket

The baby surprise jacket is coming along well (plenty of progress made while chatting to the stitchettes at UK SnB day yesterday) - it's for a friend's baby and I don't know if she is expecting a boy or a girl, so I'm hoping the colour is non-specific enough...



J is also for Jane Brockett, who blogs at yarnstorm. I had the pleasure of attending a 'workshop' with her at the SnB day yesterday (it turned out to be more of a talk really, about colourful crochet squares, but was interesting anyway!). There's been a fair bit of controversy over her book, particularly on Ravelry, but having flicked through it I decided to get myself a copy - I like it for the way it is so bright and colourful, and it is interesting to read about one person's approach to life and creativity, even if it isn't the way I live mine! Anyway, I got my copy signed on the day, along with a copy of Debbie Stoller's new book 'Son of Stitch and Bitch' which has some interesting patterns in it, most of which I'm pretty sure James wouldn't like (just as well too, I've got quite enough projects to keep me busy at the moment thank you very much!)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home