Friday, November 09, 2007

H is for...

Handknitting

I've been a bit stumped for a topic beginning with H, so this one might be scraping the barrel! I was pondering earlier the difference between machine knitting and handknitting - I have tried machine knitting a little (my Granny had a knitting machine - in fact I wonder if she still has it stowed in the attic somewhere...) but I think I prefer handknitting - it may not be as fast, but it's a heck of a lot more portable! (and more suited to a flat in London...)


On another (related) topic, I'm amused to realise quite how many people are secret knitters/crocheters - my SnB page a day calendar at work has triggered a few confessions, and I mentioned that I was heading to UK Stitch 'n' Bitch day tomorrow (expecting complete disinterest) to discover that yet another colleague is a secret fan... I may have to do a bit more knitting in the staff room and see if I can get some people to join me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home